Patton Chapel Animal Clinic
Human Resources Generalist
SVP has an exciting opportunity for an Human Resources Generalist to join our team in the Birmingham, AL office. The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting our Veterinary Hospitals.
· Performs benefits administration and implements various employee benefit programs. Develops communication tools to enhance an understanding of benefits package.
· Prepares, communicates, processes, distributes, and follows up with all benefit related enrollments, changes, terminations, benefit material, etc.
· Monitors, coordinates, and recommends HR procedures to initiate benefits based on existing benefits policies, guidelines, and procedures.
· Coordinates and assists in recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; includes: reviewing applications, screening and interviewing, creating and posting job ads, travel arrangements and accommodations, etc.
· Acts as liaison with employment agencies; and helps coordinate the use of temporaries based on budget and needs of requesting department.
· Administers all pre-employment/post-offer screening process to include: Pre-employment drug screening, prior employment references, etc.
· Prepares and conducts new employee orientations for all corporate and employees including those out of town.
· Prepares and processes employee paperwork required for payroll and personnel file. Obtains proper approvals and disseminates approved forms. Includes: new hires, salary changes, promotions, transfers, termination, etc.
· Responsible for data entry, of all changes, in the HRIS database; and periodically audits the integrity of all data entered in the system. Reviews all related forms for accuracy and timeliness. Compiles reports as needed and required.
· Maintain all HR personnel, benefit, WC files; filing, faxing, copying, and other administrative duties.
· Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
· Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Maintains confidentiality of company and employee information.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree and 3-5 years of HR experience.
· Extensive knowledge of all company and benefit policies, procedures, and practices, as well as all applicable personnel law, HIPPA compliance etc.
· Considerable skill in communication. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization with regards to HR and benefits policies, practices, and procedures.
· The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
Personnel Staffing, Inc. Birmingham
Account Executive (*Outside Sales* within our company)
PRINCIPLE AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
-Staffing sales experience a PLUS
-Must be energetic, professional and good appearance (including speaking voice)
-Must have initiative and be able to work alone or with a team
-Must be computer savvy
-Must be able to cold call
-Must be able to close sales calls
-Must follow company policy & procedures
Full-Time Hotel Maintenance Technician
Organize and execute all sales activity in a given geographic territory for account(s) by making regular personal and telephone contacts. Increase new business, maintain existing business and provide outstanding customer service.
-Must have proven outside sales experience
Great base salary + commission & benefits!
EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com with SALARY REQUIREMENT
Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Birmingham
Full-Time Hotel Maintenance Technician
The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Birmingham Inverness is seeking a full-time hotel maintenance technician. The hotel maintenance technician is an individual who carries out preventive and corrective maintenance activities on hotel equipment and tools.
His/her job description involves much of lubrication, cleaning
and inspection of equipment, machine or tools. He/she will locate and work on
shut off valves for all equipment.
They will be in charge of building maintenance activities involving maintenance of ice machines, fitness rooms, hot tubs, saunas, swimming pools, emergency generators, switch rooms, water softeners, exhaust type units, driveways, sidewalks and parking lots, and ensures that each activity is reported to the appropriate manager in authority.
The maintenance technician will also be required to perform annual, quarterly, and monthly preventative maintenance activities.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Birmingham
Front Office Manager
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Birmingham Inverness is
seeking a front office manager. The front office manager directly
supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all
front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk,
reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and
budget for front office department.trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- 2 or more years of front desk or front office experience
- Associates degree in Hospitality or Business Administration (or years of experience)
- Able to work varied day and evening schedules.
- Able to work weekdays or weekends, depending on the needs of the property
- Ability to be on call for all front desk needs.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS System (preferred, not required)
Homewood Suites - Riverchase
Prospecting and selling hotel facility, rooms to groups and organizations looking to hold meetings and sport / SMERF events. Prospecting includes putting together list of potential clients, following up on any referrals. Secure information by completing database backup, filling, typing agreements, computer skill, including Microsoft Word and Excel.Must be organized, flexible work schedule, communications skills, reliable, and able to assist in other department when needed. Reports to Director of Sales. Contact Pat Attaway 205-637-2913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orange Theory Fitness
The Sales Associate role assists in running all "front of house" fitness studio operations, with a strong focus on premium customer service as well as meeting sales expectations. Ideal candidate has strong customer service skills and basic sales experience. The Sales Associate is responsible for meeting and exceeding all key performance sales indicators for the fitness studio, including membership sales and renewals, retail and concession sales, maximizing workout traffic, and maintaining premium customer service levels.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Establishes and maintains an effective referral program
* Maintains accurate records using established OTF sales systems.
* Conducts telephone inquiries/follow up calls/customer care calls
* Leads OTF studio previews with prospects and/or fitness program holders
* Greets members and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive entrance into the OTF studio
* Accurately follow the daily studio cleaning checklist ( pre/during/post ) shift activities
* Must be able to participate in 1-2 OTF scheduled workouts per week
* Maintains an organized and clean lobby/front desk area
* Responsible for processing accurate cash and credit card transactions
* Follow up and follow through activities with all prospective clients
* Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
* Proper onboarding all OTF clients through the use of Client Intake Forms and FP Agreements
* Works closely with Fitness Team to ensure that processes are fulfilled
* Responsible for attending and participating in all relative OTF training programs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous sales experience, with strong sales skills (experience working in a sales quota bearing structure highly preferred)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Able to multi-task and excel in a busy environment.
- Functional computer skills required - MS Office basic programs (word, excel), Internet, Basic computer program software use
- Health & Fitness minded people strongly preferred
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to work and function in an ORANGE TEAM environment (Orange is more than a just a color, it's an attitude)
- Flexible to work day, evening and/or weekend hours as needed
Send resumes to:
Mar'cia Pitts (205) 716-2111
American Red Cross
AmeriCorps Red Cross Corps Member
The American Red Cross is looking for qualified applicants to add to our AmeriCorps team.
Red Cross Corps (RCC) is a National AmeriCorps program with a goal of building capacity to deliver Preparedness Education across the country. Members will aim to reach 750 youth and 250 adults with Preparedness Education. In addition, each member will train 5 volunteers to help make Preparedness Education a sustainable community program.
One-year service commitment.
September 2016-August 2017 (Full-time position: 40+ hours per week)
Education Qualifications: High School Graduate
Skills: Communications, Computers/Technology, Education, Leadership, Public Speaking, Recruitment
Living allowance up to $14,000 (taxable) for 11 months of service
$5,775 Education Award. The Segal Education Award is good for seven years from the end of service and can be used to repay qualified student loans or for future education at eligible schools. National members age 55 and older at the time of service may be eligible to transfer the award to certain family members. Learn more about the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
Possible forbearance of qualified student loans. Note that interest continues to accrue. However accrued interest on qualified loans is eligible for payment by the National Service Trust.
Health plan benefits. Members are eligible to enroll in an Affordable Care Act compliant health plan.
Childcare benefits if you qualify. Learn more about our childcare benefits.
If you want to make a difference in your community while increasing marketable job skills, networking with community partners, and desire opportunities for self-enrichment please consider applying. Please visit www.myamericorps.gov and send your resume to Maria.Urech@redcross.org by August 12th.
State Farm Insurance
Being a State Farm agent isn't for everyone. It takes a financial commitment, time and hard work to build a business and keep it growing.
· Driven to help others and make a difference
· Energized by challenge and willing to accept risk
Committed to the business; eager to expand their earning
What It Takes
Being a State Farm agent isn't for everyone. It takes a financial commitment, time and effort to build your business and keep it thriving. You must be:
· Driven to do work that matters.
· Energized by challenge.
· Committed to the business.
· Willing to accept risk.
Eager to expand your income potential.
Hear from agents who are all of this (and then some) in their Agent Videos.
Learn more about the Company's commitment to agent success in Company Support.
Consider the bottom line at Costs & Compensation.
The Face of State Farm
As the face of State Farm in your community, you are an independent contractor and CEO of your business. Running your own business offers the flexibility you need to balance work and life.
You have approximately 100 individual products to choose from to help State Farm customers. (Some products and services may not be available in all areas.)
From day one, your name is synonymous with an industry leader-the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes and one of the largest insurers in the United States.
You are the face of State Farm, with more than 65,000 State Farm employees behind you, all committed to helping you exceed customer expectations.
Your Business, Our Brand
You benefit from the significant investment State Farm makes to highlight the brand and support agents through local and national marketing and advertising efforts.
Some of these efforts include high-profile professional and collegiate sports sponsorships and major media advertising. You can see the latest from State Farm on YouTube.
If you are interested, email me at Braxton.email@example.com. Braxton.SFAgentCareers.com
Shelby County News Papers
Shelby County Newspapers, Inc., a media company that publishes award-winning newspapers, magazines and websites in Alabama's most prosperous and fastest-growing county, is seeking a general assignment reporter.
This position includes general assignment reporting, feature writing, some photography and some sports reporting. Quality of life here is as good as it gets and opportunity for advancement-with our company and others- is nearly limitless.
This full-time opportunity offers competitive salary and benefits. Compensation plan includes base weekly salary, health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Our products include:
- The Shelby County Reporter, a weekly newspaper with a daily online focus. The Reporter has won the Alabama Press Association's top editorial award in its category for the last nine years.
- The Alabaster Reporter, Pelham Reporter, Helena Reporter and 280 Reporter, weekly newspapers with a daily online focus.
- Shelby Living and Hoover's Magazine, award-winning, monthly lifestyle magazines.
- Solid writing, researching and interviewing skills
- Fluency in AP style and strict adherence to grammar rules
- Valid driver's license, car insurance and a vehicle
- Impeccable time management and organization
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
- Competency in photography and social media preferred
Currie-Jefferson Funeral Home/Jefferson Memorial Gardens
Currie-Jefferson Funeral Home/Jefferson Memorial Gardens, South in Hoover is looking for an Office Manager. The job requires excellent phone and interpersonal communication skills. Professional appearance is a must. Applicants must be organized, task oriented and able to work independently, with strong computer skills and a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
The successful applicant will be responsible for accounts receivable, bank deposits and trust reports. Must be punctual and able to work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines. Prior knowledge of the funeral industry a plus, but not necessary. Accuracy and attention to detail is required for typing official death certificate applications, obituaries and other related documents.
Please, only mature, responsible, highly qualified individuals need to apply. Please contact Phil or Julie Currie at 205-987-0068. www.curriejefferson.com.
Steve Hart is looking for someone to sponsor and mentor a career with Aflac, A leading provider of voluntary insurance in the United States, Included on Fortune magazine's prestigious list of '100 Best Companies to Work For for the 14th consecutive year. Career oriented person willing to join the number one team in the Birmingham Alabama area. Please call or email and lets talk about how this could fit in your future. Steve Hart Office 205-637-8040 email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIG Financial Network
AIG Financial Network, the Career Distribution division of AIG Life and Retirement, is expanding operations and looking for qualified individuals to sell, market, and service our insurance products to existing clients and new customers. Prior sales or insurance experience is not required for this position. We provide comprehensive, high quality training programs that prepare our representatives for success. We also provide financial assistance while attaining required insurance licenses and/or securities registrations.
Office Support/Client Support Specialist
- Educate customers on service features and functionality
- Verify all services are working correctly
- Install and rearrange inside wires
- Possibly work in small confined spaces or aloft (up to 28ft)
- Work with hand tools
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Valid state driver's license and non-negligent driving record
- Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
- Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening
- Qualification on pre-employment screening
- Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors
- Ability to complete on-the-job and/or classroom training as required to remain on the job
Click on the link below to apply: http://connect.att.jobs/hoover/technician ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shelby County Newspapers
Inside Sales Representative
We are looking for dynamic, highly motivated sales people to become part of our direct to customer sales team. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced sales environment where a competitive nature, strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills are required and rewarded. This opportunity involves building relationships and selling our products to new and existing customers. Earning potential is excellent and unlimited. Full-Time only. Schedule is Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Compensation plan includes base weekly salary, aggressive commission and bonus plan, health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and paid holidays and sick leave.
A successful Inside Sales Professional will be dependable, energetic, goal oriented, well organized and friendly. Customer service, sales experience and passion is a must.
-Strong computer skills, and ability to learn new software.
-Excellent communication skills and a genuine love of people
-Willingness to learn
-Ability to work independently
To apply, please EMAIL a resume, cover letter, references and earnings expectations using INSIDE SALES as the subject line to: email@example.com No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted directly for phone interviews.
ALABAMA COOPERATIVE EXTENSION SYSTEM
Supervisor, Building Operations - Alabama 4-H Center
ACES is seeking candidates for the position of Supervisor, Building Operations I/II for the Alabama 4-H Youth Development Center - Columbiana, AL. The incumbent will be responsible for the supervision, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and facilities. The closing date is: February 24, 2015.
For further information regarding the duties and responsibilities, minimum requirements, and application process, please visit our website at www.aces.edu/acesadm/business/ or contact Bobby Breedlove at (205) 669-4241.
Sales Consultant - Biringham AL
If you love working with people and technology, you'll fit right in here. From connecting with customers to providing innovative solutions and sharing product knowledge, you'll be the voice of our company.
BoJangles Famous Chicken & Biscuits
Bojangles Famous Chicken & Biscuits is hiring for the new store in Hoover! 945 Southland Drive (exit 252 off I-65) Hover 35226.
Interviewing on site 7am-6pm Monday-Saturday. Apply online at www.bojangles.com
Oncort Professional Services
Inside Sales Representative
Oncort Professional Services is a commercial cleaning company servicing the Birmingham-Jefferson County metropolitan area. Oncort is a fun energetic company who provides great employment opportunities to the community. Oncort has been recognized by the Birmingham Business Journal as one of the largest Janitorial Firms in 2013. We are looking for an energetic, positive, self-starter telemarketer to join our team in the Birmingham area.
The primary purpose of the inside sales position is to generate new business, grow sales and provide sales support to repeat accounts. Individuals in this sales position must demonstrate exceptional dedication to meet existing customer needs, maintain and grow business relationships with a personal touch while acquiring a steady growth of new accounts. The position calls for multiple warm and cold calls made daily, capturing vital information of contact person, document all pertinent client information and follow up with prospect on a continued basis. Our typical clients include medical facilities, churches, commercial multi-tenant units, trucking, industrial, and construction companies, municipalities, office buildings, restaurants and the like. This is a part time position.
- Gather key company contact information
- Set up sales appointment with potential customers
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales quota.
- Sell Oncort products and services
- Document, update and manage prospect information
- Meet assigned sales quota
- 90% telemarketing and 10% administrative Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Expert in the use of the internet
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using CRM tools like SalesForce
- Professional and articulate voice
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes
- 2 years of previous B2B sales experienced preferred
To apply click on the link below:
Business Telephones, Inc. (BTI)
Telephone/VoIP Technicians needed for established company. Person will need to have 3 to 5 years of experience installing and troubleshooting traditional and VoIP telephone systems. Experience with NEC, Avaya, Allworx, Shore Tel or ESI a plus. Cabling experience a must. Experience with in-house wireless systems along with setting up switches and routers a plus. The person that we are looking for will have an excellent driving record, good handwriting and communication skills, be a self-starter and be able to do the job in different working environments. Salary is negotiable. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Red Cross
Mobile Unit Assistant
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Effective written and oral communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes.
- Ability to stand and work for long periods of time.
- Current valid state driver's license and safe driving record which is free of major violations.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL) Class B required, Class A required.
- Previous truck driving experience preferred.
- Required to pass DOT physical and related requirements. Required to participate in DOT random drug screening
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years old
Perform donor reaction care. Perform donor unit activities (discontinuing units, filling sample tubes, bandaging, donor instruction.) as assigned.
Director of Sales
Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management. Direct Sales: Targets appointment-oriented sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and assist with our marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls.
Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth. New Account Development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business. Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts. Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner. Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
Administration: Achieves activity goals as established by management and completes all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Contributes to the hotel's overall sales effort during planning and strategy phases through research and knowledge input.
Community/Trade Involvement: Actively participates in those community and trade organizations that most benefit the hotel's exposure to the community and the hotel's bottom line. Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
Dress for success.
Compensation based on experience
Bonus incentive program active
ITT Technical Institute
Rail Operator - 1400009D
Vulcan Materials Company
Candidate will be expected to operate rail equipment with a high degree of
Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Technician (205801) Alabama, USA
American Red Cross
AmeriCorps VISTA Member
The American Red Cross is looking for qualified applicants to add to our AmeriCorps VISTA team.
Travel grant for work related travel expenses
AmeriCorps VISTA Member will work to expand services throughout assigned area to further increase awareness and help individuals prepare locally, help promote community disaster education programs, recruit and develop volunteers to deliver Red Cross services, and promote other ARC services.
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
BANQUET SET-UP FT
Davidson Hotels and Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background and job assessment required.
Part Time Seasonal Shipping & Receiving Support
The Operations Team Associate is part of the operations team that performs non-selling duties to support the selling function of the store. The Operations Team Associate position is non exempt, and schedules can include nights and weekends. The Operations Team Associate reports to the Operations Team Manager.
Go to www.Belk.com
Scroll to the bottom of the page
Click CAREERS AT BELK
Find Search Store Position
If it asks for a resume, you may SKIP this option
Go the the Top page to CAREERS HOME
Find store position at top
At the bottom right of your screen click on APPLY TO YOUR LOCAL STORE NOW
Enter store # for specific store location during the application process. Our store number is 0603.
Local Radio Advertising Sales
Clinic near Greystone
The Medical Receptionist provides support with daily activities of a medical office including greeting patients, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, patient registration, and patient referrals. This position answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email for response by medical personnel. Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler. Sets up files for reminder calls to all patients in the appointment reminder system. Greets and directs patients and visitors. Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart/record. Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports.
Full-time Medical Assistant with at least 3 years of experience. Practice offers great hours and benefits. Practice is willing to do on-the-job training in the dermatology field with the applicant having the required 3 years experience as a medical assistant.
Or email: email@example.com
To post a job opening to this page email a brief job description in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. or call the chamber office 205-988-5672.