Service is what the Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce is all about: service to its members; service to the business community; and service to Hoover and the metropolitan area as a whole. A strong business community is vital to the continued quality of life enjoyed by over 80,000 residents of Hoover. The Chamber is doing its part to enable Hoover businesses to be the best they can be.
By providing networking and training opportunities, the Chamber has become a cohesive organization of some of the most prominent and successful business leaders in the area. Over time, the Chamber has evolved into an influential presence at local and state government meetings, sending representatives to voice its position on issues affecting the business community. In turn, state, county, and city officials often attend Chamber meetings to seek the organization's input. In addition to serving as a collective business voice, the Chamber offers a number of other benefits, programs and services to its members. Following is a list of ways the Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce can work for you:
- Advertisement opportunities
Promote your business or special event through a Chamber e-blast. The Chamber e-blast reaches more than 1,200 Hoover-area business leaders directly. The rates are just pennies per impression for effective advertisements, a small investment that triggers results.
In addition, with over 300,000 hits every month on the Chamber web site at www.hooverchamber.org, advertisers can reach huge numbers of viewers for a very low investment. Members may advertise on almost any of the Chamber's 100+ pages on the website at very modest prices, beginning at under $24.00 per month. With over 300,000 hits a month, this is a very reasonable way for members to reach members and outside visitors to the Chamber website. This can prove especially effective when someone is considering a move to the Hoover area and wants to know what is available here.
- Web Site Linking
The Chamber website offers profiles on all Chamber members, including address, contact, telephone and hot-links to members' own e-mail and website information. Members are also able to link their own website from the Chamber's. This can prove especially effective when someone is considering a move to the Hoover area and wants to know what services and options are available here.
- Valuable Discounts Many member businesses offer discounts to fellow members on goods and services. /members/discounts/
- Conference Room A large conference room is available in the Chamber office for business meetings of up to 25 people. This room is available on a first-come, first served basis, during regular Chamber business hours at no charge for Board of Trustee Members. $50.00 per half day of use of $100.00 for entire day, for all other members whose membership is in good standing. Reservations are required.
- Membership Directory An up-to-date listing is available upon request, listing some 1,200 members with key contacts, phone numbers, and addresses. Customized membership lists and mailing labels, including the membership on disk or CD, are available at a reasonable charge. View Membership List.
- Monthly Luncheons With informative speakers and member interaction, these member-sponsored events, averaging over 200 in attendance, offer wonderful opportunities to network. Let other members and guests know about your business and in turn, find out how others can help you with your business. Finding the perfect goods and services may just be a matter of attending a monthly meeting.
- Networking Opportunities These also are scheduled regularly, although not on as strict a schedule as the regular monthly meeting. Chamber members are encouraged to host either the Business after Hours or Coffee and Contacts events at their locations. Everyone in sales can have a bad day or bad week. Attending Chamber functions exposes one to as many as 100 or more business people who want to encourage you to have a better day, and can help to keep everyone in a positive attitude - thereby helping our business members to earn a better living for themselves and boosting the local economy.
- Workshops The Chamber sponsors informative sessions on such business-related topics as "Developing Your Business Marketing Plan" and "How to Start Your Own Business". Taught by experts in their respective fields or successful entrepreneurs, these workshops offer insights that can be of tremendous help to anyone
- Image-Building Credibility
Take advantage of opportunities to get involved through various Chamber projects and committees. Be a visible part of the business community through Chamber activities.
- Mailing List The Chamber's membership list is available to Chamber members, providing direct access to over 1200 Hoover area business leaders.
- Networking Events
Coffee and Contacts are held from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m., the second Thursday morning of each month. Business After Hours are held from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., the fourth Thursday evening of each month, except November and December. These events are less costly to sponsor than monthly meetings, enabling young or small member businesses to host Chamber events. These gatherings are wonderful opportunities to become acquainted with other Chamber members and excellent ways for host businesses to become better known by approximately 50 to 100 people. On average, every person attending one of these events is likely to tell ten other business people about your business within a week's time.
Watch your business grow when you network and participate in the Hoover Area Chamber of Commerce!